Using the same principles as the last image, I wanted to use patterns to give an extra quality to my individual images. Although they are relatively small, I find that just adding that extra bit of detail can make all the difference. The idea behind the image, was to incorporate all the elements and come up with a design for a new bag for life, celebrating home grown produce. The image was created once again in photoshop which allowed me to further the image.


My next step was to create the bag for life image. For this design, the bases came from a waitrose branch who had sent fruit and vegetable and a  grow your own kit along with a bag for life to school children to encourage them to grown their own healthy food.


After looking at the first rough copy of the poster,  I chose to get rid of the conformity that was the box. I also felt that the pattern behind the image just didn’t make sense so this had to go as well. With these gone, It gave me more space to use. It was already starting to make a lot more sense and the image had more clarity.
It was heading in the right direction.

After looking at the first rough copy of the poster,  I chose to get rid of the conformity that was the box. I also felt that the pattern behind the image just didn’t make sense so this had to go as well. With these gone, It gave me more space to use. It was already starting to make a lot more sense and the image had more clarity.

It was heading in the right direction.


With all the images sketched and completed through photoshop, it was time to bring all the elements together for the first final image. The idea behind the image was to re-create a food bank. Having the images ready, I was able to simply create multiply each item to make them appear large in numbers. With this done, I transferred the image over to my poster layout and placed it where I thought it should go. Something was bugging me however, I wasn’t happy with the image being inside a set box shape. It took up more space than I had going spare and the image itself was becoming unclear. I needed to rethink this.


The next stage of the project was to take my existing images and scan them into photoshop. With any illustration I create, I try to keep an element of traditional about it, so that would include using scanned in patterns or the original sketch. I then use colour to make it more vibrant.


So after a while of not having a project to keep me busy, I was phoned by my old boss from Waitrose asking me to create an A3 poster celebrating CSR (corporate social responsibilities) in the partnership. These involve the schemes and ideas Waitrose puts forward in helping out the community. Things include: helping local schools, watching recycling in the branch and giving children plant and grow kits. Once I had received the information, I began sketching ideas and sent it over email before I carried on. The response was really good which enabled me to crack on.


Update

Sorry I haven’t really posted much on here recently, I have been working on an illustrated newsletter for Waitrose and the various projects different stores have taken apart in.


This is a potential draft to what my book cover could look like. With previous projects, I enjoy using a container to house an image inside. I am still debating on what is to go in the image but as it stands, I will focus on the three main characters.


Design for a creature from my story. This creature is as tall and as wide as a mountain but it is very docile. Not many are seen in the wild and are lonesome creatures.

Pen, photoshop and collage


Here is the design for a starship design that my main character is tasked to complete whilst on a journey towards a weeks holiday. I took reference from my other images such as the patterns and symbols.and used them in this image. I created a theory and basis behind these circles and lines and why they are in a lot of my sketches. Here is the passage explaining what the symbols mean, ‘

When I was growing up with my parent’s’ he began to say, ‘I was always so fascinated by the designs on my bedroom wall, they were so fluid, so majestic in their forms, I wanted to know where they came from. One day whilst my dad took me to the edge of the city, I looked up at the decaying monuments that stood tall and noticed that they bared the same markings as my wallpaper.  So I asked my dad what they meant. He told me that many years ago, before the cities, there was an old race of people living on this planet, these symbols and markings represented words and letters so that different tribes could distinguish themselves from each other. As I grew older, I noticed that the same markings began to appear on my tail, my father told me that these indicated my name and the names of my family before me. I have been fascinated my them ever since and asked my dad for books so I could learn what the symbols meant for myself. This all stopped when I went to live with my uncle, but my love for these markings never stopped. That is the basis for the design of my starship; I wanted to incorporate these traditional symbols with modern technology. I wanted to put my heritage and new love of buildings into this design and feel that I have achieved that’

I used photoshop and collage for this image.